Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Nears

As summer approaches, I am itching to get our school year completed. I am not sure exactly, what it is about summer that is so alluring.  It could quite possibly be the simple fact that we will not have to be on any set schedule. I bimbi, (the children) can play until their little hearts are content.  Lil' Man, ("D") said just yesterday, that he has no plans for the summer, just to swim at the pool, and go to the beach, ALOT!!!  "That's it", he said.   Boy, did that make me giggle. All Lil' Man wants is to relax in a pool of water, whether it is the beach or the pool.
  We are only one week away from that goal of finishing school.  We've spent a lot of time on vacations this year.  We were lucky enough to travel Germany, Luxemburg, Belgium, and the Netherlands. Just this past week, we visited Athens, Greece.  The kiddos do learn on every vacation we take, but it still amazes me that after at least 2 months worth of vacationing this past school year (US vacation included), that we were still able to finish in June.  Buon lavoro to my kiddos!  They have made me one proud mama!  This is where I say that I am very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to home school my children.  Otherwise, we would never be able to travel, let alone would they be where they are academically.


Mountain view near Athens, Greece
I never thought that I would say that I have seen a more beautiful place than Sicily.
 Well, I have seen one...it is Greece.   What spectacular views from the mountain tops.  You can see the deep blue waters from atop the gorgeous mountains.  We had quite the adventures in the mountains near Athens. Our main reason for travelling to Greece was the WRC World Ralley Championship.  That meant, fast cars on rough terrain.We experienced rough terrain, to roads that were just down right treacherous while travelling to see these races.  There was a lot of adrenaline pumping the four days spent in Greece.  But, the kids had a great time being outdoors and exploring the woods, watching cars, and family time!  I am now an WRC fan!  Such a great experiene.  Lil' Man even had one of his favorite drivers sign his cast!
  The Acropolis in Athens is also a site to see.  The Acropolis and the Parthenon are not two of the things I had ever thought I would see. It was amazing to be walking on the same ground that the Ancient Greeks roamed upon. The trip to Greece gave our family time outdoors, the chance to enjoy nature, and spend some quality time together!  Next stop........our Sicilian summer!
Temple of Athena



WRC  World Rally Championship


No comments:

Post a Comment