Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home



   I must acknowledge my sis-in-law, Nat, who purchased a journal for me to write in, in case I didn't get to blog in Sicily right away. Thank goodness, it was great to write some things down on our long journey. We got to go home last week for 10 days, and goodness it went way too fast. Oh, how the emotions started to flow as we prepared to leave for Sicily. I loved being at our home, and it is truly a home, not just a house. We have put so much time and love into our house. To see the kids running in their own yard was priceless. It brought tears to my eyes watching them play so freely!  You could just see the joy in there faces! It was such a big difference between being home and living in hotels all summer.
   California seems like a dream. We had such adventures in California, and now to Sicily; unbelievable. The kids have been great on all of the plane rides. The 8 1/2 hrs to Roma should be interesting. I am a bit scared of what Sicily will bring. How huge of a language barrier will exist. I can just see myself having a breakdown mid-market.  So, really this trip brings about emotions I have not felt in a long time.
   Back to home:  I know that the kids will be missing their grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends, not to forget home either.  We got to have wonderful visits with almost everyone we had hoped to see! The kids got to play with their toys. Our last weekend home was warm and sunny, so the kids played outside all day, everyday! We did crafts and made cupcakes, and played with the toys they missed the most. I think they probably enjoyed their cousins the most! We were busy all week, but it was the greatest "busy" ever! The hubby and I got the yard and plants pruned and to looking like they had looked when we first left, and did some extra things outside as well. One thing I did take notice in, was how happy "Tytie" was at home, I wonder if he knew deep down this was his home...What can I say, it was hard to say goodbye again!




No comments:

Post a Comment